The Craftsman Diaries # 1 (Standing Desk)

I have had the same desk for at least 8 years. I have also grown about 3 feet closer to the sun.
It was definitely time for a new, adult sized, desk! Welcome to the Craftsman Diaries, because I like to think I am one, and because nothing is more interesting than furniture.

Have you heard about standing desks? Apparently they're better for you than sitting, and keep you from aging, and give you spidey powers and stuff... which is great, because I don't like sitting and wanted to be immortal anyway. ;) So I started looking for a standing desk. 
There are few things in life more difficult than finding manufactured surface structures tall enough for me, so I thought this was going to be very difficult; but the fact of the matter is that from the time when I decided I needed a new desk, to when I actually acquired one, was only a day. 
A DAY.
A DAY.
I was prepared to be so patient, because usually these things take time!! Furniture is not like upholstery where an impulse decision won't haunt you forever. 
But I told my mom, we decided to run to Goodwill, and low and behold we literally found the exact desk we were looking for. (The Lord knows me. :'D)

✔︎ Height
✔︎ Surface area
✔︎ Make
✔︎ Model
✔︎ Manufacturer
✕ Color




And so we didn't buy it. 

...Psych -you bunch of crazies- I know what paint is!!!
Guess who was having a sale on spray paint that day? A store that sells it. 😏 So we got some, it's whatev's. 




I disassembled...



I painted...


I reassembled...

I waxed...

I painted a cardboard box to use as a stand for my monitor...




And all this shaped me into the woman I am today.
Not true, let's continue.

I'm going to put it in a different place once I do some rearranging, and I still need to come up with some storage options for pens and such, but here it is!



There's a power strip inside the cardboard box, which probably isn't the safest thing in the world, but it works! Well, right now it doesn't work because clearly it isn't plugged into anything useful, i.e. the wall. :'D

I also cut some holes in the box to accommodate all the free-range cords that I foster as part of my 21st century existence.


I'M IN LOVE.

The grand total was about $20 which is always nice. 
And that is all I've got. Thanks for reading! Maybe one of these days I'll remember to take photos of the entire process, and actually be informative about things, but for now I just hope you enjoy the commentary or something. :)
Have an awesome day!
-Lilly






Comments

  1. It looks awesome, Lilly! It's so cool that you were able to find one at Goodwill so quickly. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Ikr? XD I like it when that happens. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Actually Following Through with my Resolutions!!

Fall has Fallen and I Hope it Doesn't Have Life Alert